An Application Program Interface (API) Key is like a complex username and password system that allows NODE40 Balance to “communicate” with Kraken. It allows NODE40 to access the most enriched representation of your transaction history, which can lead to more precise calculations and better insight into your transaction history.
Simply log into your Kraken account and create an API key. Add your API key to your NODE40 Balance account.
- Log into your Kraken account.
- Click your account name in the upper right corner to access Security --> API.
- Select the "Query" options for Key Permissions. Do not select a key expiration, or query start and end date.
Do not select any other permissions. NODE40 Balance will reject any key that includes permissions other than read Only.
- Enter the API Key and Secret Key into NODE40 Balance.
Kraken will only show the Secret Key one time. If you leave this page and come back later it will only show the API Key. Make sure you save the key into NODE40 Balance before leaving this page or you will need to generate a new key.
- Select Save. You have successfully linked your Kraken account to NODE40.