Dash Core is a full-featured Dash wallet and P2P client, including InstantSend, PrivateSend, governance and masternode management features. It keeps a full copy of the blockchain and offers an RPC console. If you would like to run a masternode from the Dash Core wallet, here are some setup instructions.
- Create a NODE40 account.
- Install and Secure The Dash Core Wallet
- Click on the receive tab and generate a new address. Send Dash into your wallet. You need 1,000 Dash to run a masternode + funds to cover Dash network transaction fees (less than .00001 Dash).
- You are now ready to launch a masternode from your NODE40 account. Follow the commissioning and payments prompts.
- When you get to NODE40's step 4 Masternode Registration select the Dash Core Wallet tab. Follow the configuration helper steps 1-13 to issue protx register_prepare with the Dash network.
protx register_prepare [Collateral Hash] [Collateral Index] [IP Address]:9999 [Owner Key] [Operator Key] [Voting Key] 0 [Public Key Payout Address]
- Click NEXT on your NODE40 page.
Well done! The final Debug Console output is your masternode's ProTx Hash. The ProTX Hash identifies the unique combination of your masternodes collateral, index and owner key. A registered masternode will be added to the network after a single confirmation. This will take a few minutes after you issue the PROTX. You will see an updated status of ENABLED on your NODE40 monitor page shortly.
It is always a good idea to stay up to date with the latest version of the Core wallet software. Make sure you have a backup of your wallet. To confirm a backup exists, open your Dash QT Core wallet and select Tools => Show Automatic Backups. This action should open up your file explorer and show you all past backups. If this folder is empty, you will want to manually create a backup of the
wallet.dat file located one directory up.
We are here to help! Please reach out if you have questions or need any assistance:
Chat Widget: www.node40.com
Schedule a screen-share: https://calendly.com/screen-share/node40support
Helpful Support Documents