The main purpose of the third-party Dash Masternode Tool (DMT) is to give masternode operators the ability to register and update their masternode through an easy to use interface if the masternode collateral is controlled by a hardware wallet. If you would like to run a masternode from a Trezor, Keepkey or Ledger Nano S, here are some setup instructions.
- Create a NODE40 account.
- Set up your hardware wallet accounts. Unlike the Dash Core Wallet, hardware wallets do not allow you to lock selected inputs. We recommend you set up your hardware device with a "spending" account to manage your rewards and "masternode" account to safely hold your collateral. Multiple masternodes can be in one account
- Send exactly 1,000 Dash to your masternode account. Use a fresh receive address for each masternode.
- Download the latest version of the Dash Masternode Tool (DMT).
- You are now ready to launch a masternode from your NODE40 account. Follow the commissioning and payments prompts.
- When you get to NODE40's step 4 Masternode Registration select the HARDWARE WALLET tab.
- Open the DMT and connect your hardware wallet. Click the Test Hardware Wallet Connection button.
- Click the New button to create a new entry.
- Using the NODE40 Masternode Details provided, fill in the following fields:
- IP (IP Address)
- port (IP Port)
- Collateral address (Public Key-Collateral) Then click the Locate collateral button to fill in the BIP32 path.
- Collateral TX hash (Collateral Hash-Collateral TX ID)
- Index (Collateral Index-TX index)
- Protx hash- Leave blank. This will populate once your masternode is registered.
- Owner private key- click the Generate new button at the end of the DMT line item.
- Click the usepubkey link to use the Operator public key and enter the Operator Key(BLS Public Key) from NODE40.
- Click the useaddress link to use the Voting Dash Address and paste the Voting Address (Voting Public Key) from NODE40.
- Click the DMT Register masternode button.
- Review the Masternode migration wizard window.
- Change the Payout address. The payout address must hold funds to cover the network registration/transaction fee. This address is also where your masternode reward payments will be sent to.
- Check the Voting Dash Address details again (see support document step 9).
- Click Continue.
- Select the Remote Dash RPC Node (automatic method) option.
- Click Continue. The DMT will require you to confirm the message signature from your hardware wallet.
- At the top of the confirmation window, you will see a save to a file link that will allow you to save the details of the ProRegTx.
- Click Close. Note the "One more thing..." message only applies to self-hosted masternodes. As your masternode host, we do this step for you.
Well done! Your masternode has been registered. Please give our system a few minutes to synch with the Dash network. You will see an updated status of ENABLED on your NODE40 monitor page shortly. Note-the DMT is a third party tool. The most accurate place to monitor your masternode is through your NODE40 account.
It is always a good idea to stay up to date with the latest firmware on your hardware device. Before the firmware update, make sure to have your recovery seed available in case you need to immediately recover your wallet. Some firmware updates delete the memory of your device.
Ledger Nano S
We are here to help! Please reach out if you have questions or need any assistance:
Chat Widget: www.node40.com
Schedule a screen-share: https://calendly.com/screen-share/node40support
Helpful Support Documents