Prior to spork15 activation on April 2, 2019 deterministic masternode registration required the owner key and voting key be the same. After spork15 activation, the voting key can be updated so that it is different from the owner key.
If you would like to use NODE40 to vote for Dash budget proposals, you will need to update your masternode registration to use the NODE40 voting public key. This public key can be found on the Commissioned Nodes page.
The Commissioned Nodes page will show you if your masternode is registered with the NODE40 voting public key. If you are not using the NODE40 voting public key, you can update your registration from the Dash Masternode Tool (DMT).
- Download the latest version of the DMT. https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/releases
IMPORTANT-The DMT has not been saving and transferring over the configuration details. All of these details can be found on your Commissioned Nodes page, EXCEPT your Owner Private Key. Remember when you originally registered your masternodes? Did you save the configuration details to your computer? Well done! You can find the Owner Private Key in this text file. Or, save the Owner Private Key before downloading the new version of the DMT. (See note below if you do not have it saved.)
- Open your DMT.
- Select the masternode from the drop down box.
- Click "Edit"
- Next to Voting private key click "use address" to change the field Voting Dash address.
- Copy and paste your NODE40 Voting Key (Voting Public Key) from your Commissioned Nodes page.
- Click Update voting Key
- Next to Voting private key click "use address" to change the field to Voting Dash address.
- Copy and paste your NODE40 Voting Key (Voting Public Key).
- Send Update Transaction.
Note: If you do not have your Owner Private Key please contact support. No worries, your node is online but you cannot make any changes (such as your voting address or payment address). The Owner Private Key is your masternodes identity and gives you control over its functionality. We will need to assign you with a new Operator Key (BLS Public Key) and have you register your masternode again.
We are here to help! Please reach out if you have questions or need any assistance:
Chat Widget: www.node40.com
Schedule a screen-share: https://calendly.com/screen-share/node40support