Prior to spork15 activation on April 2, 2019 deterministic masternode registration required the owner key and voting key be the same. After spork15 activation, the voting key can be updated so that it is different from the owner key.
If you would like to use NODE40 to vote for Dash budget proposals, you will need to update your masternode registration to use the NODE40 voting public key. This public key can be found on the Commissioned Nodes page.
The Commissioned Nodes page will show you if your masternode is registered with the NODE40 voting public key. If you are not using the NODE40 voting public key, you can update your registration from the Dash Core wallet Debug console with the following command:
protx update_registrar [proTxHash] [Operator Key] [NODE40 Voting Key] [Payout Address]
- Open your Dash QT Core Wallet.
- From the Settings menu select Unlock Wallet... and enter your wallet passphrase.
- From the Tools menu select Debug console.
- From your NODE40 Budget Proposals page click "SHOW COMMANDS FOR UPDATING MY VOTING KEYS"
- Copy the command string in the yellow box into the Debug console, one at a time, and click enter to submit.
Note: This is a paid transaction, your wallet will use the payoutAddress of each node to cover the transaction fee. If you don't have any funds on that address or you just want to use a different address for paying the fee, you can add an address to the end of each command.