Dash Improvement Proposal 0003 (DIP3), was locked in for activation on February 20th 2019. The lock-in sets an activation block height of 1,028,160. That block height is expected to be reached Wednesday, February 27th.
Once lock-in occurs, all Dash version 0.13.x masternodes will be required to issue a special transaction called a ProRegTx that will register the masternode as deterministic.
How to issue the ProRegTx
- If you have just commissioned a new masternode at NODE40, the final step of the process will allow you to view the configuration details by clicking a button labeled View the Hardware Wallet Configuration Details. If you ever need to find your configuration details again, go to the Commissioned Nodes page at NODE40.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Dash Masternode Tool (DMT).
- Open the Dash Masternode Tool.
- Connect your hardware wallet and click the Test HW button.
- Click the New button to create a new entry.
- Use the configuration details at NODE40 and fill in the following fields:
- Collateral address. Then click the Locate collateral button.
- Collateral TX hash.
- Masternode private key.
- Click the Generate new button for the Owner private key.
- Click the use pubkey link to the right of the Operator private key label and enter the Operator Key from NODE40.
- Click the Generate new button for the Voting private key.
- Click the Send ProRegTx button.
- Review your masternode details in the new window.
- (Optional) Change the Payout address.
- Click Continue.
- Select the Remote Dash RPC Node (automatic method) option.
- Click Continue. The DMT will require you to confirm the message signature from your hardware wallet.
- (Optional) At the top of the confirmation window, you will see a save to a file link that will allow you to save the details of the ProRegTx. It’s a good idea to save this file in case you need to do any troubleshooting with NODE40 Customer Support.
- Click Close.
- The DMT should now display the label Deterministric masternode.
"One more thing..." We do this step for you!
*Click close and refresh your commissioned nodes page- within 5 minutes our system will fill in your Deterministic proTXhash in green text.