Dash Improvement Proposal 0003 (DIP3), was locked in for activation on February 20th 2019. The lock-in sets an activation block height of 1,028,160. That block height is expected to be reached Wednesday, February 27th.
Once lock-in occurs, all Dash version 0.13.x masternodes will be required to issue a special transaction called a ProRegTx that will register the masternode as deterministic.
If you would like to use the Dash Masternode Tool (DMT) to run your masternode from a Trezor, Keepkey or Ledger Nano S hardware wallet, here are some setup instructions.
How to issue the ProRegTx
- If you have just commissioned a new masternode at NODE40, the final step of the process will allow you to view the configuration details by clicking a button labeled View the Hardware Wallet Configuration Details. If you ever need to find your configuration details again, go to the Commissioned Nodes page at NODE40.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Dash Masternode Tool (DMT).
- Open the Dash Masternode Tool.
- Connect your hardware wallet and click the Test HW button.
- Click the New button to create a new entry.
- Use the configuration details at NODE40 and fill in the following fields:
- Collateral address (Public Key). Then click the Locate collateral button to fill in the BIP32 path.
- Collateral TX hash (Collateral Hash-Collateral TX ID).
- Index (Collateral Index-TX index)
- Note-the Protx hash will populate once your masternode is registered. Leave blank.
- Masternode private key (MN Key).
- Click the Generate new button for the Owner private key.
- Click the blue usepubkey link to the right of the Operator private key label and enter the Operator Key(BLS Public Key) from NODE40.
- Click the useaddress blue link for the Voting Dash Address and paste the NODE40 Voting key from NODE40.
- Click the Register masternode button.
- Review your masternode details in the new window. *Check the Voting Dash Address details again.
- (Optional) Change the Payout address. The payout address must hold funds to cover the transaction (registration network) fee. This address is also where your masternode reward payments will be sent to.
- Click Continue.
- Select the Remote Dash RPC Node (automatic method) option.
- Click Continue. The DMT will require you to confirm the message signature from your hardware wallet.
- At the top of the confirmation window, you will see a save to a file link that will allow you to save the details of the ProRegTx. It’s a good idea to save this file in case you need to do any troubleshooting with NODE40 Customer Support.
- Click Close. "One more thing..." As your masternode host, we do this step for you.
- Confirm your node is online by referring to your Commissioned Nodes page. The Deterministic proTxHash will be populated in green within 5 minutes of the network confirmation.