Note: We highly recommend that you use our API integrations with Bittrex. File imports tend to miss several pieces of data and leave more room for error in documenting your transaction history.
Application Program Interface (API)
An Application Program Interface (API) Key is like a complex username and password system that allows NODE40 Balance to “communicate” with Bittrex. It allows NODE40 to access the most enriched representation of your transaction history, which can lead to more precise calculations and better insight into your transaction history.
- How to create a Bittrex API key
- Select Read Only permissions. Be sure to click save. Bittrex is likely to ask you to verify an Authy code. NODE40 Balance will reject any key that includes permissions other than Read Only.
- Enter the API Key and Secret Key into NODE40 Balance.
Make sure you save the key into NODE40 Balance before leaving this page or you will need to generate a new key.
In addition to the Bittrex API integrations, NODE40 Balance also supports uploading your Transaction History from Bittrex.
Before uploading your data to NODE40 Balance, you must first obtain your deposit, order, and withdrawal history from Bittrex. We have a step-by-step guide available to help.
With your three files from Bittrex, follow the steps here to import them into NODE40 Balance.
1. Click Bittrex from the Exchange & Custom tab in your portfolio
2. Drag and Drop or browse to each of the three files from Bittrex
Once you add your files, you will see the files names and sizes.
3. View your ledgers