An Application Program Interface (API) Key is like a complex username and password system that allows NODE40 Balance to “communicate” with Binance. It allows NODE40 to access the most enriched representation of your transaction history, which can lead to more precise calculations and better insight into your transaction history.
Simply log into your Binance account and create an API key. Add your API key to your NODE40 Balance account.
- Log into your Binance Account.
- Access API Management from the settings drop down.
- If you have not already done so, enable creating API keys.
- Create a new key, give your key a meaningful label, such as “NODE40 Balance”. Select Create.
- You will then be notified to check your email to confirm that you wanted to create an API key. In your email, click Confirm New API Key
- Next, at binance.com Edit Restrictions. You do not want Enable Trading checked.
- Uncheck Enable Trading. Save.
Do not select any other permissions. NODE40 Balance will reject any key that includes permissions other than Read Only.
- Enter the API Key and Secret Key into NODE40 Balance.
Binance will only show the Secret Key one time. If you leave this page and come back later it will only show the API Key. Make sure you save the key into NODE40 Balance before leaving this page or you will need to generate a new key.
- Select Save. You have successfully linked your Binance account to NODE40.