An Application Program Interface (API) Key is like a complex username and password system that allows NODE40 Balance to “communicate” with Coinbase Pro. It allows NODE40 to access the most enriched representation of your transaction history, which can lead to more precise calculations and better insight into your transaction history.
1. Log into your NODE40 account and Coinbase Pro Account. You will be working within the two interfaces.
2. In your NODE40 Portfolio +NEW EXCHANGE LEDGER.
3. As your source, select Coinbase Pro.
4. This is where you will enter the API Key and Secret Key and Passphrase retrieve from Coinbase Pro. Keep this window open.
5. Access your Account Panel in Coinbase Pro.
6. Select the API SETTINGS tab and then the create one link.
7. Add An API Key
a. Under Permissions, select only View.
b. Set a passphrase (Coinbase Pro will create one for you, or you can create your own).
c. Copy and Paste this passphrase into NODE40.
d. Click Create API Key. You will be prompted to enter your Authenticator Code (2FA).
Note: Do not select any other permissions. NODE40 Balance will reject any key that includes permissions other than View.
8. Coinbase Pro will only show the Secret Key one time. If you leave this page and come back later it will only show the API Key. Save the key into NODE40 Balance before leaving this page or you will need to generate a new key.
9. Copy and Paste the generated API key into NODE40. Click SAVE and then NEXT.
10. In your NODE40 account, click NEXT. On the following screen, click CREATE LEDGERS
You have successfully linked your Coinbase Pro account to NODE40!
We are here to help! Please reach out if you have questions or need any assistance:
Chat Widget: www.node40.com
Schedule a screen-share: https://calendly.com/screen-share/node40support
Please sign in to leave a comment.