The only information you need to setup a masternode using the Node40 setup wizard is a masternode public key. The video below shows how to create a new public key.
The masternode public key is the wallet address that holds exactly 1,000 Dash. That 1,000 Dash must have at least 15 confirmations.
If you don’t already have a masternode public key:
- Open up your Dash wallet.
- Click the Receive tab.
- Enter a label (e.g. mn01) and an amount of 1,000 (optional).
- Click the Request payment button.
- From the new window, click the Copy Address button.
- Send exactly 1,000 Dash to the new public key.
- Paste the new public key into the Node40 masternode public key input.